Thursday, October 21, 2010

Colorado has apple picking too!

One of my favourite activities to do back home in the fall is go apple picking. The very tastiest apples come out in September, so it's a nice activity to do the first or second weekend after school starts. Last year, we got SO many apples - a whole bushel full! We had apples for forever. I love climbing the trees and picking the apples from high up. If you go on a pretty day with a blue sky and it's not too cold... ACK, it's perfect!

So I missed going this year because, duh, I'm in Colorado now. But surprise! there is a Colorado Apple Tree outside of the JMAC residence hall. They are tiny little guys, so you'd think they'd be pretty sour but NO! they are sweet and delicious :)

Ginger and I discovered the tree two weeks ago when we walked by and some girls were picking the apples. So when we found ourselves outside of JMAC today, and with nowhere particular to be, we decided to get some apples.

i climbed up this little tree to get the best apples possible

pretty high up! i was a little scared...

amongst the leaves

with my little treasures!

ginger with her apples

so many!

of course, not quite a bushel-full

Now, I've got a bunch of tasty little apples for my room! :) Mmmmm, they are SO yummy!!
xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment