Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Script comes to Denver

On Tuesday night, three of my friends and I went to see The Script perform at the Ogden Theater downtown!!!! I absolutely love The Script so I was excited to begin with. Even better was that Ginger's grandparents, who live in Ireland, sent her a copy of their new CD that isn't even out in the U.S. yet!!!! We knew all of the songs that they played, even the ones that people stateside can't get! It was like super V.I.P. and I was just beyond ecstatic.


The concert was opened by a small act called Hugo (also from the U.K. I think) who were surprisingly good! They played five little songs; I really like their style. It was rock-y, blues-y, pop/soul-ish plus, the lyrics were witty and memorable, too. (We bought their EP because it was only $3.)



Then, of course, the main act :), The Script!
We were screaming loud when they came out! They started with a song off their new album and then did a mix of new and old songs. And their Irish accents when they were speaking were sooooo intense :D I want to go to Ireland next summer with Julia and hear Irish people all day long....









And as with any concert you attend, you must make the memories last with a band tee. We both picked the same one :P



So as you can see, we had a great time!! I love concerts and this one was surprisingly easy to get to, so hopefully we will go to many more here in Denver...
xxo, S


No comments:

Post a Comment