Saturday, June 25, 2011

Making Jell-O jigglers

With only one box of blue Jell-O (and a questionable sugar-free box), I set out to make my first batch of Jell-O jigglers.
I had the cookie cutters all ready. I just had to figure out the recipe - but I hate having to cut recipes, especially dividing 2 2/3 by 4. Ew. In the end, I just eyeballed it; it was just a smidge over 1/3 cup of hot water for one box of Jell-O. Also for one box, I chose an unmeasured, shallow bowl (something you might put your keys in by the front door; about 1 1/4 inch deep) to pour the Jell-O in. After mixing it up, I stuck it in the fridge to set (you know, how you usually make it) and waited.....


Then came the fun part: cutting out the jiggler shapes! It took quite a bit of wiggling in order to get the shapes to really separate from the rest of the Jell-O, but they came out very well. And tasted delicious! Even though it was firmer than regular Jell-O (in order to hold the shape), I thought it tasted a little bit better than regular - and was more fun to eat :)


Next time, I'll follow the same recipe and make one box of each colour and have little garden of flowers and rainbows! Here is the original recipe if you are interested.

xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment