Monday, July 23, 2012

Spotted in New York

This morning on my way to work i find myself walking behind four people - one woman and three men. They're all in their late 20s and are friendly with each other and clearly work together. They're walking four-across the sidewalk, the woman all the way on the left.

What made me laugh was this: the woman was about six feet tall and the guys were all around 5'4".
But it went beyond that. The woman was really pretty: slim, chic, long brown hair, made up, nice smile... the guys were okay-looking, but they were all dressedexactly the same. Plain, slim-cut t-shirt, dark wash jeans cuffed above sneakery-work shoes, short hair, and a boxy messenger bag slung over their right shoulder (i.e. hipsters).
Okay, the t-shirts were different colors and one of them had glasses, BUT THEY WERE LIKE CLONES! And this gorgeous, tall woman was chatting and walking with them like no one's business! It was like a joke out of Lord of the Rings, part iv: A Giant And Three Hobbits Walk Into New York........
Too hilarious.

I don't know if you can picture this now: i'm walking behind them and looking back and forth trying to understand what's happening here, while trying to control my laughter. Not much makes me do a double take in ny, but this was cracking me up. And it didn't seem to be purposefully funny.
Maybe i'm just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment