Saturday, November 17, 2012

On the road

"The road is life."
-Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Yesterday I walked 12.6km or 7.8 miles allllll the way to... well, I don't exactly know where. It was kinda the middle of the highway. But it was a beautiful middle-of-the-highway!


I had heard that it quickly becomes countryside outside of Aix, so I walked to Parc de La Torse and kept on walking! I passed lots of driveways and not may houses; it was so quiet! It was so peaceful, too, with the fall colours, and birds, and the afternoon sun and... ah! Lovely!
Here are some pictures, enjoy :)

 rue d'école militaire
 near la torse
 entering la torse


 first view of mount sainte-victoire

 getting closer

 olive grove
 bam! check out that view!

 random bench
 très colorado

 i walked down a side street and by two houses

 peeking at their private olive grove


 view from their house

 woman clipping olive branches
 neighbour walking his bike
 view from la torse
 burning garbage at the park
 sunset near my street, back in aix


xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment