Thursday, March 18, 2010

Another day off from school

I'm in the creative writing club at my school and every year we go to this conference at WCC. You get out of school to go and it's a really cool experience

The presnter at the first workshop was an overly verbose Italian guy with chunky rings and even chunkier hands - a real charicature. He kept telling us everything we do wrong when we as students write. I don't think that's what young authors are supposed to hear. What did I learn? I couldn't tell you.

What I got from sitting there for an hour and a half was that I would like to be writing again. Last year I went to the New England Young Writers Conference at Breadloaf and began to get into writing again. I wrote a bunch of scenes on paper - that's all I've ever been able to write - and being in this first workshop reminded me that I'd like to keep writing. Maybe that's what this blog is for....

12:47p
I just read out the little piece I wrote in the second workshop. The presenter, Scott Johnson, said it was one of the best uses of pronouns he'd ever heard used in fiction and that you could really tell the relationships between the characters. I love getting feedback on my work... I love it even better when it's
positive feedback :)


xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment