Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Anything Goes"


This past weekend my school put on a production of my favourite show, Anything Goes. As usual for the winter musicals, I helped out with costumes (I act in the fall plays). Two of my best friends also do costumes... We're like a super team. I don't know what the school is gonna do without us next year because it will be the first year in seven years that costumes have have happened without us at the helm. We did, however, train two girls to take over for us. Hopefully they'll be up for the challenge alone next year.


This is also my last high school show! *tear tear* Like I said, I've been at this for seven years and I can't believe it's over! I've met some of my best friends and had some of the funnest times of my life doing theatre at my school. On closing night (Saturday), our director spoke about how meaningful this year's seniors are because we were his first class when he came to teach here. I cried remembering what a great, influential, and important person he has been throughout my school career. Next year is sure to bring new stuff, but I'll always remember where I got my start.



Traditionally, seniors paint their names on the walls backstage and list their graduating year and all the shows they've done. We're going go paint on Sunday I think... It's a little intimidating, knowing that my name is soon gonna be up on those walls, too.

Despite the sentimentality of this show, and the incredibly rigorous schedule Costumes had, it was one of the most impressive shows I've ever been a part of. I'm glad we did it my
senior year! Every single person did an amazing job and the end result was simply gorgeous!! Congratulations to the cast, crew, orchestra, and production team of ANYTHING GOES!


xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment