Sunday, July 18, 2010

Vespa colony

You don't know what a Vespa is??? They are the brand of Italian-manufactured scooters that you see in scenic movies set in Europe. Cute, colourful, convenient little motor scooters that everyone secretly wants. And there is a growing colony of them in my town.

The first strange part of the Vespa colony is that Vespas are not usually found in American cities and towns; they just happen to be more of a European thing, like meat for breakfast and hairy legs. So the sighting of a Vespa is an event of its own. To add to the strangeness, there are a growing number of them that park in the parking lot near my town's train station. And more and more and more of them...

In the beginning, there was one.
Then two started parking next to each other.
June 10

A third popped up on the side.
June 10


July 11

A fourth, a pretty blue one, was parked in the front.
June 6

June 17


Numbers five and six showed up in the other parking lot.
July 6


July 6


All Purple and I can wonder is, "WHAT IS GOING ON?!" And where do these Vespas keep coming from?


When I was in Paris, I of course saw countless Vespas and other brands of motor scooters, mopeds, and motorbikes. But in my own (very American!) hometown, it's difficult to comprehend the sudden explosion of the Vespa population.


And it only makes me want my own little scooter even more ;)
xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment