Monday, August 16, 2010

Family reunion in Vermont

Farty's camp ended this weekend (he'd been away for seven weeks!) so we went to pick him up in New Hampshire. On the way there, we stopped in VT to spend some time with my Blood-west cousins who were visiting my Blood-north cousins. The Blood-north family has a really cool house that's insulated with straw and they live in this awesome community that shares resources like chickens and lettuce (and sometimes peaches, if they aren't too good for sharing). Everyone is also very environmentally-conscious, and of course VT is a very green state (literally and figuratively) so it was refreshing to spend the weekend.

My little cousins are another sort of refreshing. "Refreshing" in the I'm-so-exhausted-after-chasing-you sort of way. "Refreshing" as in man-I-feel-old-and-out-of-shape sort of way. They range in ages from four to thirteen and there are seven of them, plus my two brothers (we hadn't picked up Farty yet). That's nine kids running around going crazy in the way only little kids can. We had a blast, though: blueberry picking, seeing a circus [check this out, we love it! http://www.circussmirkus.org/], swimming in the lake, eating the best pizza in Vermont (which was really in New York), chasing sheep on a farm, and other Vermont-y things.

It was sad to say goodbye to the Blood-west crew because they live so far away and we never know when we're gonna see them next! :(   Fortunately, being at DU will mean I'm 2,000 miles closer to them than I am now (so we're only, like, 1,000 miles apart?).

I love my family :)
xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment