Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Packing

Today is my last day at home.

I am leaving this evening for Reykjavik and Iceland, where I will be for the next two weeks. When I return to the States, I'll be heading off to Denver and college. This being said, I have, like, a million things to pack. Not only did I have to deconstruct my room and fold/stack it into brown boxes and giant duffel bags, but I had to separate what I wanted to pack for my Iceland trip. Oh, les gymnastiques mentales!



Now, I'm sitting in my room, staring at mostly-empty walls, remembering smiling times and crying times alike. A room holds things: a bed, a poster, a lamp, a memory. Clichéd though it is to say, we never really appreciate the things we have until they're gone. Now that I'm leaving this room, I realize I'll miss it that much more. Fortunately, I have a wonderful blank slate waiting for me at DU...


Also on the topic of appreciation, I would like to say thank you to those who are in my life and let them know how much they mean to me and how everyone has impacted me. My parents, my brothers, my old family, my new family, my extended family, my friends, my teachers, my neighbours & other peoples' parents: you have all helped me grow to the point I am at now and I know you will be there to help me keep growing. To those who are no longer with us: know that there are moments when I wish I could say "what would you suggest that I do?" and you are still a part of me.

Ok, enough nostalgia, reminiscence, and general sadness! The next two weeks are going to be nonstop new stuff every single day! I'm bringing some good books to accompany me. AND my new camera, so there will be photos abound!

See you in September.
xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment