Friday, August 24, 2012

Press pause

It's been a while since I've done a cold post, but I figured this was as good a time as any.

Darling readers, I think I may have to have a social media hiatus soon. The Internet has become overwhelming and I am on overload.

How is this possible, you say? The once self-proclaiming Queen of Social Media is done?
Well, much like any pro athlete, celebrity, or politician, my hay day is over; the sun is setting; a new wave is coming; and many other clichés you can apply here.

While I will always love the power of the Internet, this summer has given me a large overdose. Like they say, too much of a good thing is bad. Of course, I will still be blogging (how else am I supposed to log my fantastic journey to France??!) but Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest... all of those will see a little break from me.

I can't believe this is something I have to think about! Social media has exploded in the past five years, captivating millions of people around the globe. Yet there are some who can hardly live without it! Online world, it's been real, but I'm excited to get the chance to go back to the real world.

On a side note, I've been working on some pieces for Colourscape. And just you wait for all my France shenanigans!

xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment