Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Stairwell Encounter



At my work, there is a door, a tiny space with a window, and another door that goes to the stairs. I always take the stairs down because we're only on the 4th floor. No one else ever takes the stairs, I think because they don't live in a college dorm 9 months out of the year.


tiny landing between the two doors


As I approach the first door, I hear some sound, but just go to open the door anyway and then the voices suddenly stop. And I try to open the door but it doesnt move. And someone's voice goes "Hello?" And I go, "Um hi, it's just, um I wanted to - I was just going to take the stairs if - um, can I do that? Is that okay? Uhhhhh." And then Founder J's head pops around the door and he's like, "What? Oh yeah, sure!" 
And so he opens the door a little and me and my pink polka dot DZ bag squeeze through and then it's me, Founder J, and Founder A all standing in this tiny space for about 10 seconds as I make my way to the 2nd door to go down the stairs.

Just as I'm opening the door to leave, Founder A turns and goes, "Wait! Do you have a lighter?" and the two guys stare at me and I'm so panicked and confused and frightened all I do is say, "No I'm so sorry!!!!" and then turn around and bolt down the stairs.

And my heart was pounding all the way until I got home. I was really sure that someone was going to run after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment