Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy birthday to me

Yesterday was my birthday!!! And now, let's just say, I'm no longer a kid.

I have to admit, I was a bit nervous about this birthday because it ought to be a big celebration (and it's on a Saturday, so and even bigger one) but because it's my first week at college, I wasn't sure if I would have any friends to celebrate with.

To my delightful surprise, my roommate kicked off a great birthday by staying up late to decorate our door with wrapping paper, balloons, banners etc., all the sort of birthday party-ness that you want to welcome you on your birthday. I was so happy!!!! (Mostly because balloons in general make me really happy ;P )




During the day, my mom ordered me a cake from a local bakery and had it delivered, which was a sweet surprise (ha.ha.) and my dad sent a beautiful bunch of flowers that smell so yummy! I got calls from, seemingly, everyone I know all wishing me a happy birthday. It was great to hear from everyone back home.



For dinner, a bunch of my new friends and I all went to Noodles & Co. (a Colorado chain), which was my first time going and I found the food truly delicious. I think it's kinda my new obsesion... There was a hypnotist show last night at school, too, that seriously blew my mind. I was pretty skeptical about hypnotism before I saw this, but one guy successfully hypnotized over thirty people and made them do craaaazy stuff! I am still freaking out over how he controlled them so well. It was a really funny show, too, because people had no will power over their actions.


After the hypnotist show, we went into downtown and went to a club that was really fun. All five of us met some nutty guys (welcome to the world of clubbing) but had a serious blast. We also had an adventure, both by finding the club and by getting home late at night. By the time we got in bed it was like 3 A.M.

So (since my expectations were so low) I had a wonderful, wonderful birthday!!!! I'm glad I was able to spend it with my new friends, all of whom are super funny, cool, and friendly. I am sad, though, that I wasn't able to see my most beloved family and friends, but I thank them for calling me (non-stop!).

First day of classes is tomorrow!
xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment