Monday, September 13, 2010

First week at DU

My first week at DU has been awesome!

All last week was orientation and today is the first day of classes. The orientation groups are determined based on your freshman seminar (which I wrote about a few months back). I seriously lucked out with my seminar group: my orientation leader (OL) is truly passionate about helping freshman, as is my seminar professor, Kax. Also, there are a lot of fun people in my class who I've become good friends with in just a few days! Kax reminds me a lot of my AP English teacher from last year, Doc X (hmm, they're both an "x") so I know I'm in for a good year :)

Orientation week was a lot of busy work and looooong meetings. But by the end of the week, I was totally ready to kick it into high gear. College, here I come! My classes this quarter (Sept. - Nov.) are as follows: French 2100, Math 1700, Geography 1410, and FSEM 1111-10.

Other things that are fantastic about college so far:
1) My roommate (for whom I still need a codename!) - we are getting along really well, lots of giggle sessions and decorating/room re-organizing ventures gone wild. She's the one who decorated my door for my birthday.
2) My room - my roomie and I have worked really hard to make it look festive and feel comfy. We moved the fridge to make room for a window seat; we put up twinkle/Christmas lights, hung scarves and stars and all sorts of other cutesy decorations. Also, it's supposed to be a triple (three people in one room) but there's just two of us here so we have lots of extra space!
3) The campus - it's just plain beautiful! Brick buildings and green lawns...
4) The weather - sunny and 80 every day since I got here, can't beat that.
5) Opportunity for activities - I swear I signed up for more things than I ever knew about at the "Pioneer Carnival" yesterday.

I'll keep updating you... in my spare time
xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment