Friday, September 17, 2010

A regular academic

Today is my first day of the weekend!!! I don't have classes on Fridays, which is so lucky, so I've got a three-day weekend every weekend! My schedule is awesome, and I love all my classes so far (except, of course, math. You know me). I moved up a level in French (the level that I originally tested into) so I'm now in the 2400 class. I feel so smart ;) My geography class seems like a cross between history and economics, which is a mix I am totally excited about. And I love maps so it's pretty perfect. Last night I had to write my first paper for my freshman seminar (supernatural things) and I hope it's good enough. This is my first attempt at writing for a college class.

Last night was also the first meeting of the DU Alpine Club, which is a really cool organization that gets students great discounts on really awesome outdoors trips like hiking, rock/ice climbing, biking, skiing, and even spelunking. There is a rock climbing trip this weekend (not like a rock wall, the real outdoors!) that I wanna try. Also, Icelantic skis gives DUAC members a sweet discount, so I might have to make my next pair one of those.

DU's campus is so pretty!!! As soon as I get the chance, (maybe Saturday morning?) I will go around and take some nice pictures to share here. The one thing that I see everyday that makes me go "woah" is the gold tower at the Ritchie Center.

it has chapel-style bells that ring all the time (and of course, every hour).

Off to a Bollywood dance class now with mes amies.
xxo, S

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, Thanks for blogging about the Ritchie Center and Bollywood! This post came up in my Ritchie Center Google Alert. We'd love for you to follow our twitter account at http://twitter.com/DUrecreation. We add news about classes, closures and fitness tips and I think you could find them useful. Thanks!

    Dragos Visan - Web Services Manager - DU Recreation

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a clip of the bollywood dance fitness class my friends and i took on campus this thursday.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWRT-x_m-Zs

    RE: DU Recreation
    glad you found me! as a freshman, i'm trying to take a good advantage of the ritchie center.

    ReplyDelete