Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mug shots

One of my really good friends is (unfortunately) one grade lower than me, so she won't be moving on to the wonderful world of college in the fall, she will be staying at home :( Oddly enough, though, she is three days older than me...

Anyway, we went to one of those paint-your-own-pottery places and made each other "friendship mugs" so we will have something when we are far apart next year. I've been pottery painting before with my family; I've made everything from a soap dish to an entire dish set. They're great memory pieces and last for years.

We went to the park afterwards


Square one: the blank slate
 
A work in progress

 
My friend loves cows so I painted one on her mug
  

The almost finished product (they will be glazed and fired).

I can't wait to see how our mugs came out!
xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment