Friday, September 28, 2012

Letter to Rho for Recruitment 2012


Monday was Bid Day back at DU. Although I wasn't there to experience it, I've heard only good things! Recruitment was tough last year - I personally felt very disappointed with my own performance and had to learn the hard way that even if you expect the best from people, you don't know what you're going to get.

Anyway, we welcomed fifty (!!) new members to ∆Z on Monday and I couldn't be happier!!! I'm so proud of all my sisters back in Denver and proud to call myself a Delta Zeta girl. Before Recruitment began this year, I wrote a short letter to my chapter (Rho) pumping them up with a little encouragement. I want to share it here with you all because a few girls said it was touching to them. And also I miss everyone back at DU! Here it is:

Bonjour à toutes mes soeurs!
As recruitment approaches, I know you are all getting very excited. After all, I'm 4,000 miles away and super excited! For many of you, this is your first recruitment and you are very lucky to have such a determined, driven, passionate, lovable, friendly, and smart woman like Été to lead you through this. All of E-board, all the chairmen, our new and already-loved CCD, all the alumnae, all your sisters worldwide, and all of us who are abroad want you to succeed and we know you can. So don't be scared - it's going to be one of the greatest and most fun things you will ever, ever do!

While I haven't been with you all throughout Perfection Week and the workshops, I still feel that you have all been working your very hardest (it's that sisterly bond we've got, i can literally SENSE it). If I could give one piece of advice to every Rho woman who is recruiting this Fall, it would be this: Have courage. To quote John Wayne, "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." Courage will make you stand out to every single PNM who walks through that door (and sincerity, and smiles, and sisterhood - all that good stuff too of course). It's not just bungee jumping or public speaking that takes courage, so much as being outside of your comfort zone and succeeding at it.



Anyway, thanks girlies for letting me pep-talk you all a little bit. I really and truly miss everyone so much and can't wait to see you all when I get back. Bises (that's 'kisses') from France!

In the Flame,
Stephanie



Congratulations to Rho on our best Recruitment ever! See you guys in January,
xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment