Sunday, May 23, 2010

Prom

Last night was prom night - not the super frightening horror movie, but my actual prom.

My school has a lot of traditions, one being Promenade. Promenade takes place on the front lawn of the school. All students have to show up with their parents because that is where we sign in and also where the buses leave from (to prevent substance abuse, my school orders buses to transport students between the school and the prom location; :( limos are not allowed). This is when everyone takes their pictures - teachers, parents, underclassmen, extended families. Everyone shows up to take pictures and, somehow, the universe (almost) always manages to provide excellent weather for picture-taking. My friends and I all looked really gorgeous and downright stunning, if I do say so myself.

Promenade (note the buses - I'm not kidding)
After Promenade, we all loaded up onto the buses to go to the Rye Town Hilton for dinner and dancing. It was a lot more fun than most other school-sponsored functions. The DJ even played good music for once!

Last year I missed my prom because I went to Breadloaf (they were on the same weekend). And I'm soooo glad I had that experience, but I'm also really glad I got to go to prom this year. There was no pressure, mostly because there are only two weeks left of classes for seniors, so it was just an outright P A R T Y !

And the party of the end of high school has just begun...
xxo, S

P.S.: there is a difference between prom and Promenade, I hope I made that clear-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment