Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A promise is a promise

My overly-wonderful drama teacher and director, Mr. August*, promised the costume ladies (me and my two friends Katherine and Purple) that someday he would take us to see the costume room at NYU (because he used to work there). We were first promised this in seventh grade. Five years later, and we finally made it to NYU's theatre department... except they were under construction and the costume room was unavailable for visitation purposes :( Instead, we got a lovely tour of the theatre department - and experienced a fire drill along the way.

In the end, it was a great way to spend a Friday (we had no school last Friday), especially in such beautiful weather. South of Union Square is such a cute place! Although, I could never pick a "favourite" part of New York. Katherine and I picked up some noodles and cute buttons in Union Square when we were done at NYU. I'm working on covering my trusty canvas bag with buttons; so far I have twenty three, including a storm trooper, "what would Buddha do?" and Andy Warhol's face.



xxo, S

*all names have been changed to protect the privacy of those described.

No comments:

Post a Comment