Monday, May 17, 2010

Why May is the best month

As everyone knows, the summer solstice is June 21st (if you didn't know this, well, now you know. I'm glad I could inform you). The days will get progressively longer until this day, so contrary to what you would expect, summer days get shorter and winter days get longer. This means that all the days in May also get longer because they lead up to June.

May is not yet the heat of summer, however. Therefore, these longer days are more easily enjoyed: you can still go for a walk at 7 in the evening, play baseball until 8, or (if you're into waking up really early), watch the sunrise at 5 in the morning. You can do all this without angry July humidity or severe August heat. The sun still shine, you just don't sweat as much.

Also, school isn't over yet either (even though we all wish it was!), so activities in May give you an exciting after-school life. The killer about May, though, is that students are always preparing for final exams and still (unfortunately) have homework to do. School's evil plot ruins a perfect month yet again!

But not this year.

This year, being a senior, I have no final exams to take. I have very little homework to do.
I have a lot of time on my hands.
So what shall I do?
I shall go out and enjoy the best month of the year - MAY!

xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment