Tuesday, July 12, 2011

DU friends from far and wide

There's few things in the world that could make me wake up early, get off the train in Harlem, and take a loooooonnngg, crowded bus ride out to LaGuardia Airport - Ginger coming to visit me in NY!!! I met her at the terminal (after luckily - and randomly! - guessing which airline she was flying), then we took the bus back to the city (ugh!), took a sweaty subway ride downtown (ugh again!), and had a whirlwind afternoon :)

We walked around my old stomping grounds in Battery Park City and Tribeca by the Hudson River.


Wandered over to the South Street Seaport.
Got soaked in the rain!
And finished off the day by seeing Memphis on Broadway and having dinner at Junior's restaurant (famous for their cheesecake).


We were also supposed to meet up with our friend, Celia, from Seattle, but the timing didn't work out :( I did have dinner with her last Wednesday at a delicious gluten-free Italian restaurant, though. Ginger just wasn't in town yet.


All this in one day! And that was just the start of our weekend, because on Friday, we left the city to go to East Hampton and visit another friend.

Being in East Hampton was great - relaxing, easy, and fun. We went paddle boarding, and took a spin class, and went to the beach, and saw the Montauk lighthouse... so much stuff but it was so fun!!!!


Even for the short period of time that I saw my DU friends over the summer, it was quality time and I'm so glad we got a good visit in :)

xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment