Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Paddle boarding

6.00pm CST:
Today was HOT and SUNNY! After getting a little, um, pink yesterday, I was super careful to put on sunscreen. We went to the rooftop pool in the morning.


Then T and I went out paddle boarding. I had only gone one time when I was in the Hamptons last weekend, but T had never ever been. There's a chill guy who works for the hotel who goes by Black Bear and he showed us how to paddle board.



We spent almost and hour and a half on the boards, just going around the bay. There were some waves, so it was a little difficult because you had to watch for them, but also keep your balance on the board. After we got the hang of it, it was easy, though :) Next time we go out, maybe T and I can try to catch some waves and ride them kinda like you do when you surf (I've never been surfing, either).

While we were out on the water, we saw a lot of people snorkeling. I wondered what they were doing, so I asked Black Bear, and he said they're looking for oysters and octopus and lobster, which go straight to restaurants nearby so they're really fresh - yum!

We napped in the afternoon and went out again for about an hour; but it was windier this time, so we weren't there for as long. After all the paddle boarding, T and I were hungry! so it was good there's a lot of food to eat :)

pool next to the beach. indy is blowing bubbles with his auntie.

Dinnertime soon; we might go to a local restaurant down the street or make something yummy in our kitchen!
xxo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment